With a new year upon us, it's usually customary to take inventory of, at the very least, ourselves and perhaps make some resolutions or prepare for the future. In each of the articles below, we are going to take a look at the potential trends for 2017 as well as some advice from other recruiters on what you can implement in the new year.
- As the workforce continues to change, the policies and focuses of organizations are changing with it; from a one size fits all model to a more personal one. Human Resources Today talks about how 2017 will keep seeing more of a focus shift to the employee.
- From the rise of contract positions over hiring to the advent of data analysis to make smarter hiring choices to the ever present mobile, thirteen recruiters predict the recruitment trends for 2017.
- Dan Schawbel for Forbes reaffirms the positions of the above articles but goes a step further. He notes that 2016 “was the first year that Generation Z [1996-2009] was in the work place” and goes on to describe what effects this will have for company culture and other team members.
- LinkedIn’s survey of the trends for the new year showed that most of companies are concerned about staff at their company. Unsurprisingly, they also say the best source of this talent is employee referrals.
- Finally, in the spirit of change for the new year, we look to Undercover Recruiter and their top professionals for what they would like to see recruiters give up, throw out, reject, and in all other terms stop using.
Final Thoughts: The job market is not the same as it was 20, 10, even 5 years ago, Each workplace is different. Each workplace is constantly growing and developing or at least it should be. As the philosopher Heraclitus said “the only thing constant is change”.
Not all things, may work for your organization because people are not machines and life isn’t a “one-size-fits-all”. The important part is focusing on pressing forward, keep trying new things, and seeing what does and doesn’t work. That’s part of what makes this job so great seeing, finding the best fit for a client and until we reach the best outcome possible.
Please join each Wednesday as we discuss trends in social media and how they can help your business and help you recruit more efficiently.